Saturday 20 June 2015

Letter to my unborn child..

The day I learned that you would be my child.
You are a gift,
And you like all great gifts
Arrived completely unexpected.
You happened while I was busy making plans.
And though I did not ask for you today,
You are as wanted as my next breath.
You were brought to us in the hand of hope
And are the answer to unspoken prayers.
While I do not yet know your name,
You have changed my life forever.
I cannot see you,
Yet, I know you are there.
I cannot touch you,
Yet you have so gently touched my heart.
I cannot hear you,
And yet there is nothing you could say
That would cause me to love you more
Than I do right now.
From love and of love, you have come to be.
And in love, may you always be surrounded.
As the darkness waits to be touched by light,
I wait for you.
As the winter hopes for spring,
I hope for you.
As only a father loves his child,
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment